If you knew this was your last incarnation what would you do? What would your life look like? How deeply would you love? How loud would you laugh? Where would you live? What talents would you develop? What kind of car would you drive? Who would be in your life right now? How would you live each day?
I am only a third of the way through my life (that is if I maintain my body’s health and live to be 120) and over the past fifteen years I have learned and am continuing to learn what it means to embrace life as if it were the most precious metal on earth. What have I done so far to live an incredible life? What more do I want to do?
What are some of the things I have done and am doing?
- Traveled to some spiritual vortexes around the world
- Awakened each morning an expectation of adventure
- Helped trauma victims find peace
- Lived in another country for a year
- Really listen to others as if they were the only person in the room
- Marched against injustices
- Sat with my dad and watched old cowboy movies and sports almost every day the last six months of his life
- Learned to play the tuba and Native American flute
- Created classes that make me and other discover more about ourselves
- Climbed a few mountains – each time I was really out of shape but I did it!
- Make my niece and nephew feel as if they are the most loved people in the world
- Learned new and cool healing concepts and techniques
- Write inspirational stories
- Lived in one of the most expensive places in Chicago
- Eat ice cream at midnight, first thing in the morning and in the middle of the day with no guilt
- Swam in three oceans
- I have forgiven and will continue to forgive myself
- Climbed a mountain at sunrise on a New Year’s Day and opened my arms to receive Spirit’s blessings
- Visited three of the seven original wonders of the world
- Play practical jokes
- Helped people find peace
- Been chased by a bull elephant
- Drive across South Africa listening to incredible African music
- Tell my mom I love and appreciate her
- Learned a martial art
- Dreamed and tried to start an online company
- In the most challenging circumstances, helped others find their power
- Have fun
- Take wonderful pictures
- Ate at Le Cirque in New York and Tru in Chicago with wonderful friends
- Express myself fully to the world – what you see is who I am
- Helped others see what’s possible
- Learned to love and accept myself
What more do I want to do?
Keep creating opportunities to continue embracing my life!
Copyright © 2009 by Shirlyn Wright