I have no idea who originated this set of “ruled.” I know I received it in more than one e-mail. And the first time was more than ten years ago. I have saved it all these years because I deeply resonated with it.
Every time I read it, it rings true for me. I would like to thank the anonymous person who wrote these “rules.”
THE RULES FOR BEING HUMAN
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called “life” on planet earth. Every person or incident you encounter is the Universal Teacher.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. Failures are as much a part of the process as success.
4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it.
5. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state.
6. There is nothing better than here. When your there becomes a here you will simply obtain another there that again looks better than here.
7. Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.
8. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas: you do the painting.
9. You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightly determines what energies, experiences and people you attract – therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want is to look at what you have.
10. There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn’t help – judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.
11. Your answers lie inside you. At first we need guidance from others, but as we mature we learn to trust our hearts, where Laws of Spirit are written.
12. You forgot all of this.
13. You can remember any time you wish.
I find these words very comforting. I hope these words resonate with you, as well.
Copyright © 2010 by Victoria Young